|Here's a short video clip for parents about managing a child's health at school.
Our mission is to promote student health for students success.
The model of health services in Hastings Schools uses a combination of Licensed School Nurses (LSN), Registered Nurses (RN), and Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN).
Health Services Provided:
- Promotion of health and well being for students, families and school personnel by teaching and counseling
- Implementation of Action Plans for the care of students with chronic health conditions
- Assessment of students who are ill
- Emergency care for injuries and accidents
- Assessment and evaluation of the health status of students
- Prevention and control of communicable disease
- Vision and hearing screening
- Annual review of student immunization status
- Technical medical procedures
- Counseling regarding health findings
- Daily administration of medication
- Individual Health Care Plans
- Networking with community agencies for services to students